Clay Cooking Pot
It is a bowl in the shape of a sphere and its origin dates back to over 5,000 years. These come in various different sizes and are typically used for the elaboration of meals and beverages.
Traditionally the smaller clay cooking pots tend to be used for making hot chocolate, coffee, milk and coffee, among others.
Because of the very high temperatures of the materials in which these are fabricated, the elaboration for food can then also be cooked at very high temperatures due to its resistance to the heat. Lets not forget about the added and delicious flavor that cooking in clay delivers.
The clay cooking pot must be cured before its first use by following the next simple steps:
- In a container large enough to fit the salsera, pour cold water and submerge it to stay underwater overnight.
- Remove from container and dry with dry towel. Once dry, rub one clove of garlic on the interior and exterior surface.
- Place the salsera on the stove, pour vinegar and allow it to come to boil.
- Dispose the vinegar, allow it to cool and wash by hand.
- Do not wash in the dishwasher.